Imagine sailing on a private charter with your family or friends, catching big fish of different species, around the beautiful inshore and offshore on Costa Rican's Central Pacific Coast. This area is considered the Fishing Capital Of The World- which holds over 250 world fishing records.
Do you want to know what the Costa Rican ocean has prepared for the next unforgettable vacation? Let's find out more about the activities, fishing charters, and tours that this paradisiac land has for you:
Hop aboard, scout, and catch'em all! 🛥 🐠🎣
Costa Rica is one of the most diverse countries, and its tropical rainforests are home to a wide variety of wildlife, including colorful birds, monkeys, and sloths. And what would a trip to Costa Rica be without spending some time fishing in its clear blue waters?
- Playa Flamingo: The beaches of Playa Flamingo are an hour from Liberia International Airport and are part of the Guanacaste province. Here, you can contemplate (when conditions allow) a pinkish hue due to its proximity to Santa Tecla Biosphere Reserve. Around islands off Flamingo's coast, you will enjoy a half or full-day inshore, targeting mahi-mahi, red snapper, yellowfin tuna, crevalle jack, and the roosterfish (a fighter fish), with expert guides help who know every rock along these shores.
- Quepos: This is a small town adjacent to Manuel Antonio National Park. It's home to Marlin, Sailfish, and baby sharks as well. Quepos sportfishing charter offers world-class inshore, offshore, and overnight fishing trips to the most fertile fishing grounds of Costa Rica. The perfect trip starts with the right equipment. The best times to fish are January through April when you can get a sailfish on every trip. From May until November, it's all about the Billfish Grand Slam: blue marlin Miliband striped mullet and sailfishes.
- Tamarindo: is located in Guanacaste province, which has become one of the top destinations for anglers seeking big fish, 25 min drive from Flamingo. The island offers fantastic sportfishing with options to suit all budgets and tastes - you can take advantage even for just a quick day trip. Fishing seasons run throughout most parts from April through December.
- Los Sueños and Marina: This stunning destination is on the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica, in Puntarenas province
and Herradura Beach. It's only 46 miles away from Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO), so it can be reached quickly by plane or 1/2 hrs by car. Its magnificent and pristine coasts are famous across the planet; no wonder there are numerous tournaments hosted here, including Los Sueños Signature Triple Crowns and Lucas Oil Offshore World Championship events.
The Los Suenos Marina boasts are the finest collection of luxury yachts and world-class sport fishing charters in Costa Rica – hands down. With a 200-slip floating dock and 94 dry dock spaces for smaller boats, this marina is the largest private dock in the Central Pacific.
With both onshore and offshore fishing available at Los Sueños, we will always have something that will suit you and your group of family or friend needs.
Discover more about what Los Suenos Resort has for you.
- Inshore fishing: E.g., fishing on a kayak along the beach or fishing the mangroves from a boat, in waters 30 meters/yards deep or less. For those who prefer to stay closer to shore, inshore fishing is an exciting way to get 50lbs+ roosterfish,40 lb Dorado, Bonita, Groupers, Snappers, Corvinus, and more.
Close to Jaco and Los Suenos, the amazing Kayak Fishing Tour
is waiting for you!
A couple of basic questions and answers
What is the best time of year to fish in Costa Rica? Experts agree that fishing in Costa Rica is best from January through April. Although Costa Rica fishing is seasonal, there is good fishing all year. Marlin, Sailfish, Tuna, Dorado, Grouper, Snapper are always found off of the Central Pacific Coast.
Do I need to get a license to fish? Yes, the country's Ministry of Environment and Energy will need your angling license first. You can get this from Incopesca (the official government agency) for a weekly or monthly fee, with an annual option.
Learn more about our Costa Rica fish species, the best Costa Rica Fishing Charters, and stay updated with the Costa Rica Fishing Report 2022. But, if you are looking for 5-Star Luxury Accommodations and World-Class Sportfishing, our Fisherman's Dream Getaway is the right choice for you.
We have just what you need for your Costa Rica fishing trip needs, including a boat with all the amenities, including A/C accommodations for ten people, and a bilingual crew that can serve up hot lunch or drinks during the trip.
Whether you're an experienced angler or just getting started, the Adventure Tours Costa Rica boats are perfect for any level. Live the best experience in the sea and call us now!